RAIL BUDGET 2012-2013, INDIAN RAILWAY BUDGET 2012, HIGHLIGHTS OF RAIL BUDGET, NEWS UPDATES FOR RAIL BUDGET 2012, RAIL BUDGET LIVE NEWS:Highlights of Rail Budget 2012-13
- An increase in passenger fares across all classes, more than 100 new trains, enhanced frequency or routes for many others, and plans to hire more than one lakh employees were some of the key Rail Budget proposals made on Wednesday.
- A lot of green initiatives have been taken. Defence Research and Development Organistaion (DRDO) has developed bio-toilets and 2,500 coaches will be equipped with bio-toilets.
- Minimum fare and platform tickets to cost Rs 5.
- 75 new Express trains to be introduced, along with 21 new passenger services, nine DEMU services and 8 MEMU services trains.
- All unmanned level crossings to be abolished in next five years; To target zero deaths due to rail accidents.
- Focus during next five years on five areas: tracks, bridges, signalling, rolling stock and stations.
- Signalling to be improved over 19,000 km.
- Investment of Rs.1.70 lakh crore on rolling stock in next five years.
- Improvements to railway stations can provide employment to 50,000 people.
Train travel just got costlier :
- AC fares too see a hike by 10 paise per kilometer. First AC ticket is now expensive by 10 paise while second AC is costlier by 30 paise.
- Platform tickets will now on cost Rs 5 instead of the Rs 3.